Where oh where have all the good boys can these days? It’s to the point where I’m no longer looking for Mr. Right, I’m just looking for Mr. Good To Me. Is he hiding out? Did he walk into a store as I walked out? It seems like my timing is off, or something is just not working out. Maybe Mr. Right is not who I think he is. How do you even know if Mr. Right is Mr. Right?
First off, I’d like to state something. Guys are jerks. Well, most of them are anyways. I feel bad for the very few guys who aren’t jerks and who get this stereotype just because so many guys are jerks. They really only do want one thing… well from my experience, anyways. I have yet to meet a guy these past few months who isn’t after sex. Can us girls just get a break? Is it so hard to ask for a guy who wants to have a conversation and THEN we can start talking about getting a home run. Maybe if they treated us decently then we’d start thinking about that. Instead of starting the conversation right off the bat with “you’re so pretty” or “hey sexy”. A good guy that does not make. And ladies, please do not fall for this. He is just trying to butter you up and then go for your muffin. He would like to butter your muffin. (Mean girls reference).
Secondly, where can a girl find a decent guy nowadays? A guy with ambition and drive, a guy who is smart, isnt a d-bag, is kind, loyal, doesn’t flirt with every breathing girl he sees. I’d be lying if I said I wanted somebody who was cute, too. Now, don’t get me wrong. I don’t have to have the hottest guy in the world, and I don’t believe that looks are everything… but you really can’t be with somebody who you aren’t even physically attracted to. With all this being said, I have a list of things I look for in a guy in no particular order and somebody please let me know if I am being too picky here, because I feel that I am not.
- He has to be a decent couple inches taller than I am. I’m 5’6, so not too tall, but height is a big thing I look for in a guy and always has been.
- He has to have some type of ambition/drive/passion about SOMEthing. That is just so sexy to me, whatever it is, he just has to love it.
- He is stable and I don’t have to be guessing every second wondering about what he’s doing or what he’s going to do.
- Tattoos are a definite plus, but he doesn’t have to have them.
- He is a good guy, but not perfect in any way. I’d love a good guy who isn’t a goody-two-shoes. I don’t want somebody who has no backbone and won’t fight with me. I want to fight. I want to know he has an opinion with something and quite frankly, I would love a guy who could stand up to me because I can be a bit fiesty.
- A guy who is up for an adventure and doesn’t want to be a homebody, because I love to be up and doing things. Life is too short to waste on a couch watching TV all day.
- And let’s face it, a guy who can cook is just going to make me drool.
- Most importantly, I want him to be kind to people and be optimistic in life. I don’t need to be dating a negative nancy. I’m optimistic myself, so I would love somebody to see the beauty in life that I do and appreciate it with him.
If there are any takers, please feel free to sign up. Just kidding… kind of.
Is it just that some girls’ expectations or standards too high and specific these days? I feel that some girls have this huge laundry list of things they’re looking for in a guy and it’s ridiculous. Sure, there are specific things everybody would love to have in their significant other, but they aren’t necessary. Sometimes it’s really good to be interested in different things. It can be good in the way that we can learn new things. Also that, a couple doesn’t have to be together 24/7 365. I don’t want to be tied down all day every single day. I like to be independent and do things on my own sometimes. I don’t need a guy following me to the nail salon to get my nails down. I despise girls who drag their boyfriends everywhere with them. YOU DON’T NEED HIM WITH YOU TO DO ALL YOUR GIRL THINGS. Please girls. STOP. And if you make him do it with you, you better be willing to do that with him. A relationship is all about give and take.
Finally, my closing statements. A guy doesn’t need to be perfect because nobody is perfect. He doesn’t have to have everything. He just has to have respect and that seems to be lacking in most guys these days. Where have all the gentlemen gone? It would be lovely for the girls who don’t do wrong to guys (like me) to have those males step forward again.
With all the love in my body,