Hey y’all. I’ve decided along with my posts of “How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days” and “How To Feel Pretty In An Ugly World” that I’m going to start a section in my blog for “How To’s”.
Are you tired of being bothered by those pesky thoughts in your head about your ex? Whether you broke up with them or they broke up with you, those thoughts might still be in your head about missing them. Those pesky little thoughts you just can’t get rid of.
Do you lie awake at night creating scenarios in your head about what could have been and what went wrong?
Do you stare at your phone, wishing, hoping with all your might that they’ll text you and instantly things will be perfect again like they once were?
Well, if you answered yes to any of these questions… I might have a few solutions for you, for the low price of free.99!
- First thing is first, let’s focus on you as a couple. No matter the situation, you guys broke up. Things obviously weren’t working out for either one of you. If it was you who it wasn’t working out for, but you feel terrible about breaking up with the other person who was so happy… well, that’s okay. You weren’t happy and sometimes in the mix of being a couple, we get so lost in trying to make the other person happy instead of ourselves. It’s more than okay if you’re miserable with them, to let things go. It may be hard and you may feel guilty, but sometimes it’s what we need to do. If you’re the one who it was working out for, but the other person broke up with you, there was a reason for it. You don’t want to be with somebody who is miserable with you, for one, that’s no fun. Two, you also have to think that there’s something there that wasn’t working out between you two and just not connecting the way it should. It wasn’t meant to be at that point in time. If you’re in the wrong relationship, that doesn’t leave room for the right one where you two will connect on all the right levels and neither will be miserable.
- A step you can do is to burn, throw away, rip up, or damage some of their belongings that they left at your house. I know, it sounds like I’m crazy and horrible but trust me, it works. It takes out your anger on them without doing anything stupid you’re going to regret. Like keying their car, or hurting them. Both are very, very bad and I don’t recommend doing either. Unless the shithead cheated on you or did something horrible, then I give you permission to key their car. But don’t say I told you so. When I broke up with my ex, I gave him his stuff back, threw a glass bottle of soda(it was a sentimental thing. It was a “Butter Beer” from the movie Harry Potter that they now sell in certain places) he gave to me on the ground and watched it splatter everywhere, and also ripped up a card he gave me. It felt good, let me tell you. Seeing their stuff all scattered about in your room is just going to get you down, and keep those memories there. I suggest a good, thorough cleaning of everything you might have of theirs.
- Eat Ben & Jerry’s. That shit is the savior, in ice cream form. It’s like the boyfriend that will forever treat you right. Eat Ben & Jerry’s to your hearts content, and watch sappy movies, or sports or any guilty pleasure you have on TV.
- Get out with friends who are fun and have a good time. Just keep your mind busy and soon, you’ll be laughing again. It may seem impossible that you’ll ever laugh again, but it’ll happen. When something is really funny, and that breaks its way for more laughter and good times.
- Put down your phone. Stay away from social media sites, and please unfriend and unfollow them. The more you see them pop up on your feed, the worse it will get. Don’t let them get a hold of you like that. Do your own thing, and let them do theirs. Staying away from your phone could be good, too. The more you keep checking it, the more anxious you will feel. It’s never a good cycle.
- Cutting your hair or changing your appearance can help. Change something up, reinvent yourself. These things really do help. You can build a new, probably even better life. Start over on your own and make things YOURS. Ever wanted a pixie cut? Go for it! Want to be a playful blonde? Blonde it up! Care to be a bombshell brunette? Just do ya thang. When my ex and I broke up in between Christmas and New Years, I was so miserable and lonely and depressed. New Years Eve, I went home early, went to Target, grabbed a box of brunette hair dye and got rid of my ombre. It actually did help. Though, unless you’re trained… I really STRONGLY suggest to please do NOT cut your bangs by yourself, or make some drastic cut change to your hair. That could always end up a hot mess. Maybe change how you do your makeup and experiment with all different kinds! Re-do your room or your house to accommodate your new self and new life. All these things are cleansing the bad, old and dirty and is being replaced by the shiny, pretty, new.
I hope this helps anybody who is going through this. Remember, out with the old and in with the new and improved!
With all the love in my body,